50+ iconic Die Hard quotes every movie buff knows by heart
die hard The film follows New York cop John McClane (Bruce Willis), who is on his way to see his divorced wife when he is caught up in a terrorist takeover of a Los Angeles skyscraper. The film is still recognized as one of the best action films ever made. Here are some memories die hard quotes if you are still one die hard fan.
Critics re-evaluated die hard, and it’s now considered one of the best action movies of all time and one of the best Christmas movies. Due to its portrayal of McClane as a vulnerable and fallible hero, it revitalized the action genre. Here are some famous lines from die hard film.
Better die hard estimate
die hard has a fantastic storyline and is still considered one of the best action movies. Plus, the movie is full of fantastic one-liners that fans still cite to this day. Here are some of the best quotes from die hard original.
Memorable Quotes From Criminal Minds That Fans Of The Series Will Recognize
- A hunch, things he said. Like being able to spot a fake ID. – Sergeant Al Powell
- What are you talking about, man. – Sergeant Al Powell
- You won’t hurt me. -Tony
- Now I have a machine gun. Ho-ho-ho. -Hans Gruber
- You are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. – Captain Grant
- You like it, huh? How about giving me twenty bucks for it. -Marvin
- Oh, Hans, I’m really sorry. This message did not reach me. You should have posted it on the bulletin board, maybe. I figured you and Karl and Franco might be alone now that I waxed Tony and Marco and his friend here, so I wanted to give you a call. -John McClane
- What’s the problem? Don’t you think shuffling papers around a desk is a noble effort for a cop? – Sergeant Al Powell
- More tables! Where are you going to go now? Let me give you some advice: the next time you have the chance to kill someone, don’t hesitate!!! -Marco
- Its good. I have an eye on his private bathroom. -Holly Gennero McClane
- You are the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time. – Captain Grant
- What kind of odds do I have? -John McClane
- Oh yes. What did you tell me before? Yippie-ki-yay, motherfucker. -Hans Gruber
- Hey, we are flexible. Pearl Harbor didn’t work so we bought you tape recorders. -Joseph Takagi
- Listen D*ck. It’s your name? Shit. If you keep getting close to it, do you think you might consider changing your aftershave? -Holly McClane
- I told them we were old friends and you were my guest at the party. -Harry Ellis
- Jesus Christ, Powell, he could be a fucking bartender for all we know! -Dwayne T.Robinson
Dwight Schrute: Most hilarious quotes and memes from your favorite character
Do you have a breakthrough story that you would like us to publish? Please contact us via [email protected]!
Memorable die hard movie quotes
While some claim that die hard is not a Christmas movie, others claim it is. It is considered one of the most important films of the 1980s. Here are some of the best lines from die hard.
- Alas, your Mr. Takagi didn’t see it that way. He won’t be joining us for the rest of his life. – Gruber
- He did everything to save him. If he surrendered, they would both be dead instantly. – Sergeant Al Powell
- Attention, whoever you are, this channel is reserved for emergency calls only. – Supervisor
- Hans, Bubby, I’m your white knight! -Harry Ellis
- Hey baby, I’m negotiating million dollar deals for breakfast. I think I can handle this Eurotrash. -Harry Ellis
- Hey, what am I, a method actor? Hans, the baby, put the gun away; it’s radio, not television. -Harry Ellis
- I’m an exceptional thief, Mrs. McClane. And since I’m moving on to kidnapping, you should be more polite. -Hans Gruber
- Only John can drive someone that crazy. -Holly Gennero McClane
- Actually, I think he’s a cop. Maybe not LAPD, but it’s definitely a badge. – Sergeant Al Powell
- Yeah. But all things being equal, I’d rather be in Philadelphia. Fall for two more villains. -John McClane
- He wasn’t lying about Marco. He is in the street. The other was Heinrich. And her bag is gone. -Karl
- I’ve always had a thing for Roy Rogers, in fact, I really like those sequin shirts. -John McClane
- We’re gonna need more FBI guys, I guess. -Dwayne T.Robinson
- You asked for miracles; I give you… the FBI. -Hans Gruber
- Phone Harry in New York. Come on, baby, move, move. -Richard Thornburg
- What kind of terrorist are you? -Takagi
- No, but it’s going to need a new paint job and a bunch of screen doors. – Sergeant Al Powell
30+ funny movie quotes that will make your day
Famous John McClane Quotes
In the film, Bruce Willis plays John McClane, one of the film’s most memorable characters. These classic John McClane comments are responsible for the greatness of the film.
- Exit to the coast; we meet, we laugh a little.
- I promise I’ll never think about going up a tall building again. Oh my God. Please don’t let me die.
- Its good; I am a cop. Trust me; I’ve been doing this for eleven years.
- Just a fly in the soup, Hans. A monkey in the miserable. A pain in the ass.
- Nine million terrorists in the world, and I have to kill one with feet smaller than my sister.
- Oh, are you in charge? I have bad news for you, Dwayne. From here, it looks like you’re not responsible for Jack sh*t.
- Watch out, whoever you are. This channel is for emergency calls only.
- That’s what my captain keeps telling me.
- Welcome to the party, buddy.
- Yeah. I was invited to a Christmas party by mistake. Who knew?
- You’re throwing a whole party. I didn’t know they celebrated Christmas in Japan.
- Sorry, Hans. Bad guess. Would you go for double jeopardy where scores can really change
- No fucking shit, lady! Does it feel like ordering pizza?
- You would have made a very good cowboy yourself, Hans.
- Glass? Who cares about glass? Who the fuck is that?
30 Amazing Godfather Quotes That Are Still Popular To This Day
What does Hans Gruber say in die hard?
Hans Gruber was the most famous voice in the legendary action movie. Gruber is a cunning German thief and criminal mastermind who has taken over Nakatomi Plaza in order to steal $640 million in bearer bonds. Here are some of his pluses die hard famous quotes.
- And when Alexander saw the extent of his domain, he wept… for there were no more worlds to conquer. Benefits of classical education.
- Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?
- Due to Nakatomi society’s worldwide legacy of greed, they are about to learn a lesson in the real use of power…you will witness it.
- When they land, we’ll blow the roof off; they’ll spend a month digging through the rubble and by the time they figure out what went wrong, we’ll be sitting on a beach… earning twenty percent.
- Hey, that’s… very nice of you. Guess you’re our mysterious party breaker. You are the most inconvenient for a security guard.
- I’ll count to three. There won’t be four.
- I could talk about industrialization and menswear all day, but I’m afraid the work has to take over.
- What is it, cowboy, is the ride too rough?
- It’s Christmas, Theo. It is the time of miracles. So be cheerful… and call me when you’ve passed through the last lock.
- Nice suit. John Phillips, London. I have two myself. Rumor has it that Arafat buys his there too.
- What idiot confided in you?
- Who said we were terrorists?
- You idiot. It’s not the police. It’s him.
- You will have to forgive Ellis. He gets very depressed at this time of year. He thought he was God’s greatest gift. You know?
- You are very insightful.
Funny Ferris Bueller Quotes You’ll Love
This list above contains some of the best die hard quotes that will take you back to the good old days. You can send them to your friends and family to make them laugh out loud.
READ ALSO: 50+ funny Joel Osteen quotes about life, love, hope and faith
Legit.ng recently posted about funny quotes from Joel Osteen about life, love, hope and faith. Joel is one of the most energizing preachers. He preaches and writes books to convey his ideas. His words can be applied to any situation in life.
These quotes from Joel Osteen will come in handy if you are looking for biblical insight and inspiration. You can use the quotes as bumper stickers or share them with friends who are going through hard times. For more information, read this article.